Giro Isode Helmet Reviews
Review score: 9.0/10 – Updated September, 2021
Latest Price: £34.99 – Save 30% (RRP: £49.99)
Take a look now to discover what makes Giro Isode Helmet worthy of a review score of 9.0 out of 10.
Skip to content:
Giro Isode Helmet features
Quality is without doubt one of the most important factors that we consider when buying bikes, parts, accessories or clothing. As you’d imagine it’s especially important when buying Helmets. Let’s take at a look at the sort of things you can look at when trying to ascertain the quality of Giro Isode Helmet.
The first thing is material. Looking at what Giro Isode Helmet is made of will give you a really good idea of the quality overall. Take a look at the specs above and you should be able to see the material. It’s then up to you to decide if it meets your expectation.
Similarly you’ll also want to spend some time looking at the features too. Again the table above, listing the features will give you a really good overview. However you should think about the sort of features that you’d expect when buying new Helmets. It’s worth writing a list of the “must-have” features so that you don’t end up compromising and missing some important features, or alternatively end up buying an unnecessarily high specced product.
There’s also a lot of merit in checking out the brand of the product and looking at the various brands that are selling Helmets. Brands like Giro are of courses extremely well respected in the cycling community so you know you’re getting a fantastic product with them. But if you’re undecided on your product you should write up a list of brands that you’d be happy to buy. It’s a great way of filtering and narrowing down the number of products when you’re searching.
Next up you’ll want to think about the price and use that as a guide to set your expectations of the quality. If you’re buying the cheapest of the options in the Helmets category you should probably expect it to not be of as good quality as the most expensive. It sounds obvious of course. But this is where you can get a bit clever and use your combination of features, specs, materials and other factors to work together to get a really good quality product at the best price. We often draw up a list of “must-haves” and use these as filters when shopping online so that you’re only seeing products that meet your criteria. You can then sort by Price>Low to get the best deals.
Price, as you would imagine, is the most popular reason for someone buying one product over another. It is the single most important factor in choosing the majority of products we buy. The same goes for Helmets.
It’s at this stage of the buying process, when you’re looking at different options, that you should set a budget. Do some research to understand how much roughly you can expect to pay for the sort of level of product that you’re looking for. Then match that to your own personal circumstance and how much you can afford to spend. This will really help you in narrowing down the right product for you.
Price of Giro Isode Helmet
So the first aspect of price that we’re going to look at is the price of Giro Isode Helmet.
We run regular scans across the web to find the best prices for the products that we review, from a range of cycling retailers. The best price we managed to find Giro Isode Helmet was over at Chain Reaction Cycles where the price was £34.99 in our latest search.
Based on this price we’ve scored it 8.8 out of 10 for price.
Average price of Helmets
Next we wanted to look at how much you can expect to pay, on average, for Helmets.
We found 335 in the Helmets category over at Chain Reaction Cycles. We looked at the average price of the products within this category and found the average is £122.41, making it below average at £34.99.
It’s sometimes helpful to look at how much the prices can vary. Especially when setting yourself a budget, or when trying to understand just how much you could spend on Helmets. We found that the most expensive product currently available was £500.00, whilst the cheapest we managed to find was £1.99.
With 335 products available we worked out that 271 cost more than Giro Isode Helmet and 60 were cheaper.
Cost of Giro products
At Chain Reaction Cycles we found 176 products from Giro, of which 43 were in the Helmets category.
For now though we’re looking at Giro branded products in all categories. The average price of these products was £95.21 making this product below average.
You’ll also be interested to know that the cheapest Giro product we found was £5.40 and the highest price we could find from them was £290.00.
Of the 176 from Giro, 134 were more expensive than Giro Isode Helmet and 38 were cheaper.
How much are Giro Helmets?
We then wanted to get a bit more specific and only look at Giro products that are listed in the Helmets category.
The average price of the 43 products that match this search was £124.89, with the cheapest coming in at £27.99 and highest price was £289.99. With the average being £124.89, Giro Isode Helmet comes in below average.
37 products that meet this search were more expensive than Giro Isode Helmet and 4 were cheaper.
Giro Isode Helmet Reviews
Reading reviews is an amazing way of getting a good feel for a product without actually being able to try it or see it first.
There are two different types of reviews, and we also recommend reading both.
1. Expert reviews – In the cycle industry there are loads of really reliable trusted resources for expert reviews. For example if you’re looking to buy a new bike, BikeRadar Bike Reviews are great.
2. Customer reviews – these are probably your best resource for information. There’s no finances or influence involved, they’re purely just honest reviews from customers that have bought and used the product. The reason we love customer reviews so much is because no matter if their view is good or bad, there’s a very good chance that it will be honest and unbiased.
Our best advice is to head over to Chain Reaction Cycles and read the Giro Isode Helmet reviews there.
Based on what we’ve seen in terms of reviews for Giro Isode Helmet, it really does look like a great buy. So for the review score, we’ve scored it 9.4 out of 10. The average review score for all products in the Helmets category at Chain Reaction Cycles is 4.4 out of 5.
Owner reviews, as we say, are one of the most important pieces of research that we can do before we buy. So, with that in mind, if you do go on to buy Giro Isode Helmet or another similar product, like Giro Scamp Kid’s Helmet reviews or Giro Flurry II Kids Helmet reviews we’d love you to leave a review in the comments below. It will really help future buyers just like you, when they’re looking to buy Helmets.
As we said in the pricing part of the review, brand is a really important consideration, but especially so when looking to buy Helmets. But as you’re probably already aware, you’re on to a great choice if you do go with Giro, as they’re a fantastic brand, making amazing products.
YouTube Video of Giro Isode Helmet
Below we’ve embedded a video from YouTube where we’ve searched for Giro Isode Helmet reviews.
Overall, we’ve been hugely impressed by the quality, price, reviews and features of Giro Isode Helmet. We’d say that as long as it fits your budget and meets your expectations in terms of features/spec…it’s a really strong contender. That’s why we’ve scored it a massive 9.0/10 overall.
Further product details
- Product ID 1: 25010972285
- Product ID 2: 621203UK
- Brand: Giro
- Model number: GIHISOB
- RRP: £49.99
- EAN: 768686072277
- Description: Giro Isode HelmetHigh-end safety at a rock bottom price. The Giro Isode Helmet delivers comfortable road protection certain to inspire confidence in any ride.With its simple, stylish design, the Giro Isode Helmet calls upon impressive technology to keep you protected from your first pedal until the last. Extremely lightweight, the safety conscious lid deploys an in-mould polycarbonate shell to maintain the positioning of the head without weighing you down. If ever there was a helmet to keep you in the saddle all day, then the Isode is it.Just BreatheDetermined to keep you cool no matter how hard you push yourself, the Isode sports an incredible 22 vents to maximise airflow around the head. With the brand’s patented Roc Loc Sport fit system allowing for adjustable fit, breathability and comfort work in tandem for the ultimate experience on the bike. Should you feel the need to up the ante, soft padding on the inside dries quickly just in case you work up a sweat.The perfect reflective helmet certain to add a hint of retro to your journey.Features:Quick-dry paddingCompact shapeFull Hardbody™coverageReflectivityIn-mould polycarbonate shell with EPS linerRoc Loc® Sport22 ventsUNIVERSAL FIT™ SIZES:UA 21.25″ – 24″/ 54 – 61cmBuy Giro from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Full Category: Protection > Helmets
- Savings percentage from RRP: 30%
- Size: One Size
Other options for Helmets
As you’d imagine there are so many options out there when buying Helmets. 335 in fact.
A few of our other favourites that we spotted when researching Giro Isode Helmet included,
Giro Fixture MTB Helmet reviews, Giro Syntax Road Helmet 2019 reviews, or we really liked the look of Giro Women’s Seyen Helmet reviews as another alternative.